Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation (TSAHC)
The Homes for Texas Heroes and Home Sweet Texas Home Loan Programs are available for teachers, fire fighters, peace officers, veterans, and low and moderate-income homebuyers. These programs are available through a network of lenders across the state and provide the following benefits:
- A 30-year fixed interest rate FHA, VA or USDA mortgage loan
- Down payment and closing cost assistance of up to 5% of the loan amount
- Down payment assistance is a gift and never needs to be repaid
- Available for the purchase of a home or refinance of an existing loan
- You do not need to be a first-time homebuyer
- You do not need to live in the home for any set period of time
Two interest rate and down payment options are available to help purchase a home or refinance an existing mortgage:
- Option #1: Provides an individual with a 30-year fixed rate of 4.625% on a FHA, VA or USDA-RHS mortgage loan with a home down payment grant and or closing cost assistance equal to 5% of the loan amount.
- Option #2: Provides an individual with a lower 30-year fixed rate of 4.25% on a FHA, VA or USDA-RHS mortgage loan with a down payment grant and or closing cost assistance equal to 3% of the loan amount.